- Father of the Solar Age – 1976
- 1979 Nobel Peace Prize 2002
- United Nations’ Human Rights Prize 1998
- Presidential Medal of Freedom 1999
- Habitat for Humanity
- Established Energy Department
- Encouraged Sound Environmental/Sustainable Energy Policies
- 17,000 Wind Turbines in California/Solar Panels on White House 1979
- Served in the Navy
- Gave speeches in Spanish and respected all people.
- Promised to never lie to the American People – and didn’t!
- “The last president of the 60s Era,” according to historians.
- A farmer!!
- The Rock ‘n Roll President
- Bob Dylan Refused the Mericares Award two straight years until Carter presented it to him – Check it out!
Create parties, events and celebrations and help share the message of what “we, the people” value in leadership.
And, check out the Events page for inspiration!
We know the strength of America. We are strong. We can regain our unity. We can regain our confidence. We are the heirs of generations who survived threats much more powerful and awesome than those that challenge us now. Our fathers and mothers were strong men and women who shaped a new society during the Great Depression, who fought world wars, and who carved out a new charter of peace for the world. – Jimmy Carter, 1979
“Jimmy Carter was given the Nobel Peace Prize for his ‘untiring efforts’ over decades to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts and to advance democracy and human rights.” – The Norwegian Nobel committee